Organisation and programme
National Citizen Service (NCS) is a once in a lifetime experience for 16 and 17 year olds – they take part in outdoor activities, meet new people and have the chance to give something back to their communities. Through NCS, their confidence grows as they learn new skills that they can put on CVs and university and college applications.
NCS runs across England in the summer and during academic breaks in autumn and spring. It is a flagship voluntary programme for 16 and 17 year olds, which aims to create:
- A more engaged society – by enabling young people to work together on social action projects in and with their communities
- A more cohesive society – by mixing young people of different genders, places, ethnicities, religions, abilities, and socio-economic and educational backgrounds with each other and older generations
- A more responsible society – by supporting young people’s transition to adulthood through personal social development, challenging activities and guided reflection.
NCS Trust is a non-profit community interest company that exists to shape, support, champion and lead a thriving National Citizen Service. We are working to make NCS available to every 16 and 17 year old in England, and more than 100,000 young people have taken part in NCS so far.
This full time role will be part of the team responsible for the successful delivery of all NCS Trust events throughout the year. Events will include receptions, small conferences and workshops for key stakeholders (e.g. the NCS provider network; MPs and civil servants; NCS talent ambassadors and representatives of the education and voluntary sectors).
The Events Coordinator will sit in the Events team, reporting directly to the Head of Events and will support the delivery of all NCS flagship events each year.
The Events Coordinator will:
- Support the delivery of a variety of events, visits and workshops for NCS Trust
- Responsible for sourcing appropriate conference venues, in addition to building relationships with other external suppliers
- Create briefing packs for external speakers for NCS events
- Work within budgets and ensure value for money
- Work with the marketing team to create assets for events and ensure all brand guidelines are followed
- Lead on-site event and conference delivery
- Ensure excellent customer service and quality delivery for all events
- Facilitate project working groups across departments to coordinate content
- Evaluate events and use results to develop NCS events and customer experience
- Any additional tasks as required
- Significant experience in a similar position
- Proven track record of planning and executing successful events
- Experience working as part of an integrated team
Skills & attributes
- Exceptional communication skills
- Good creative intuition
- A positive self-starter who works well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Excellent presentation and organisation skills
- Problem solver, who understands the value of engagement to win hearts and minds
- An eye for value and ability to run successful and efficient procurements
- Willing to work evenings, overnight and weekends as required
- Ability to coordinate across teams and departments
- Able to multi-task efficiently and prioritise workload with excellent time keeping skills
- Not afraid to try something new and experiment with new technologies or techniques
- Possess a can do attitude and ability to be innovate